UPDATE: It has been solved, we have posted a new article on how to really unlock the Hero Specialist Gear in Black Ops 3 here.
So a lot of people have been wondering how to unlock the Classified Specialist gear in Black Ops 3. It’s a tricky one and its driving everyone crazy. We had a hunch it was something to do with the stories/missions and numbers on the back of the Specialists Cards. The Specialists are no doubt linked somehow.
A guy on YouTube posted a video on how to do it. He has the same idea that the Specialists are linked by their numbers and media on the back of their cards. Here’s how he says it works:
- So you unlock all the gear for your chosen Specialist say Ruin for example
- If you flip the card for Ruin you will see his stories/assignments, they are numbered like 5.1, 6.1 etc
- According to this theory, Outrider and Spectre fit Ruins story. If you go to Ruins card and hover over them/read the assignments, you will see assignments linked with Outrider and Spectre when you listen to the audio. The audio will tell you to contact one of the other Specialists
- Now if you go to Outriders card and look for the corresponding assignment(they are linked by number), you need to complete that. According to him the same assignments should correspond with Spectre
- So unlock all the gear for the characters(Spectre and Outrider) featured in Ruins Card, then the Hero Gear will declassify itself giving you a assignment to complete for the Hero Gear
Why are you reading this article? If you want to unlock the HERO GEAR in Black Ops 3. Click HERE, this theory has been disproven and we have posted a new article that shows you how to do it.
Explanation in images
On the back of Ruins card go to “5.1 Transmission” and play the audio. When you play audio it appears on right corner and says 5.2 Contact Outrider. It also says 5.3 Contact Spectre when you listen to the audio associated with Ruin 5.1 Transmission. Now when you have done that go to the corresponding Specialists and do the assignments related to them. See image below.
With the info from above go to Spectre or Outriders assignments and do the assignments that Ruins card has told you to do. The theory is that when you do all the assignments related to each of them, Ruins Classified Assignment will declassify itself giving you an assignment to get the Hero Gear.
Theory VIA: J Larks